Re: A new use for Linux

Aaron Konstam wrote:
Yes. Use the first CD of your set or the DVD and when it boots select the rescue mode. When it comes up it will try to connect to the Linux partition of your choice. Choose to mount to the Linux that has the lost files. Find the things you need. Now decide what you want to do with the files. You can mount another file system and then copy the files to that.

Karl

Does rescue mode have an ability to mount ntfs formatted disks? That was
what was needed in the original problem I posted.
Delusions are often functional. A mother's opinions about her children's
beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from
drowning them at birth.

As far as I can tell, 'mount' can not work with a windows file system even in F7. I thought by now that had been added but no.

Karl