Re: Dial up

I have been on Ubuntu but want to switch back to Fedora..  Using the
Kppp, do I need to install the STK 16 kernel.  If I do I understand that
I also need the STK 16 driver. Will just installing the regular driver
work.  I have a Dell laptop B130.  I need to get on line with this first
before I do anything else.  FC6 is great but I have to go one step at a
time as I am just a newbee concerning Linux.  I want to get completely
rid of Windows.

Hi Herbert

Is this a winmodem you're asking about?

Please provide us with a chipset by following the suggestions at:

http://www.linmodems.org/

and running scanModem tool. Also, this might help:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Linmodem-HOWTO-2.html

Regards,

Stuart

--
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.