Re: Problem with NON-Wireless network card

Rick Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 17:11 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Rick Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 23:24 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:

There's also a line you can put in /etc/modprobe.conf to prevent drivers being

We seem to be all dropping the ball on this guys problem. He said he was having no problem until he changed his kernel. Way back I asked him why not go back to that kernel? Never heard why that was not a good option.

I think it would be a good idea today just to verify the old kernel still works well. Then I would do #lsmod and see what the name of the modules are that make ethernet work.

Back with the new kernel see what is missing with another #lsmod and go from there.

Karl