Re: 2 Subnets on 1 Lan

Thom Paine wrote:
Further to this I have open vpn installed and working. I am able to
vpn to the server.

I made the openvon network the same as the PLC devices, but I'm unable
to ping them from the server or from my laptop with the vpn active.

Should  I be able to ping 192.168.0.11 from the server (192.168.0.1)
or from a remote client my laptop (192.168.0.6)?

Do I need to add a route statement or tweak my configuration somehow?
If this isn't supported, should I renumber my vpn subnet and then
allow bridging or something?

Thanks

You are engaged in Networking Analysis and it is just very complex. I used to do that and I have an old book called

Linux Networking-concepts HOWTO by Rusty Russell and I just looked in Google and if you put Linux Networking-concepts in Google you can d/l this book with about 125 pages. It will be good reading and it will tell you how to get your network running.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User