Re: 2 Subnets on 1 Lan

Thom Paine wrote:
I didn't see anything in there concerning a vpn and the hardwired
devices on a network.

Addresses and netmasks work the same regardless of the devices. With overlaid subnets you need to pretend they are on separate wires and go through a router to reach things outside of your own netmask - and the router needs to have addresses on both networks. I missed how the vpn was set up, but the easy approach would be to run it on the same device that is configured to route between the overlaid subnets.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com