Re: FC7: No USB stick automount after latest kernel update

Vivek J. Patankar wrote:
Schlueri wrote:
today i've installed the latest kernel update kernel-2.6.22.1-27.fc7.
Now my USB stick doesn't automount, with kernel-2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 a
desktop icon appears. Manual mounting the stick works without problems.
It's a DELL Inspiron 9300 notebook.

With a USB harddisk the automount works as before. Any hints?

The update notification for the latest kernel mentioned that autofs should be updated too, although for an entirely different reason. Maybe that could help.

"Users should update to the latest autofs package with this kernel or autofs will use excessive amounts of CPU time."

I tried to. Yum said nothing new to update. Do you know when the updated autofs will be available?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User