Re: Emacs 22.1 Tramp issue

> I've hit an interesting snag with Tramp on Emacs 22.1 on Fedora 7.

Not a solution to your problem, but I used to use tramp a lot but gave up when
it started behaving badly, sometime during FC6.

I switched to mounting the remote file system using fuse-sshfs, and then
opening the files directly in emacs. I found this to be more stable (and more
convenient as it happened, as of course the files are available to any
application, not just emacs).

Just a thought...

cheers Chris