Re: Emacs 22.1 Tramp issue

On 7/21/07, Chris Jones <jonesc hep phy cam ac uk> wrote:

> I've hit an interesting snag with Tramp on Emacs 22.1 on Fedora 7.

Not a solution to your problem, but I used to use tramp a lot but gave up
when
it started behaving badly, sometime during FC6.

I switched to mounting the remote file system using fuse-sshfs, and then
opening the files directly in emacs. I found this to be more stable (and
more
convenient as it happened, as of course the files are available to any
application, not just emacs).

Just a thought...

But an intriguing one! I'm quite happy with tramp, but this sounds too
interesting to ignore. However, when trying to sshfs, I get

fuse: failed to exec fusermount: Permission denied

and indeed, the permissions of fusermount are -rwsr-xr-- 1 root fuse

And the README recommends using it as an ordinary user.
Have you added yourself to the fuse group?

Andras

cheers Chris