Re: "No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices found"

On 7/21/07, Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com> wrote:
Dave Cross wrote:
> I've just upgraded my FC6 Dell Dimension to F7. Everything seems to be
> working except the sound. When I try to open the volume control I get
> the error message "No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices
> found"

[ snip ]

        It sounds a bit like the kernel problem with the original kernel in the
package. There has been at least one and right now I am yummiming
another kernel in updates. You might wait until you do the big update
thing and see if the sound works with a new kernel.

Nope. This is on a fully updated system

 $ rpm -q kernel
 kernel-2.6.22.1-27.fc7

Thanks for the suggestion tho'.