Re: cannot install fc7, fc6, or fc5 on new machine

On 7/20/07, Vicki and Dave Stevenson <vicndave pacbell net> wrote:
I bought a few parts and built a little PC:
   cpu:    AMD A64 X2 5600 2.8GHz AM2
   mb:    ASUS M2A-VM HDMI (with on-board video)
   ram:    4GB
   hdd:    Seagate 750GB Sata II ST3750640AS
   dvd:    Pioneer 18X DVD-RW SATA DVR-212D

<snip>

So I tried fc5 from CD (tried both graphical and text mode) and both
times it gave the following error (and then hung):
   isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
   BUG soft lockup detected on CPU#0!

It is always a good idea to verify the stability of hardware you've
put together yourself with memtest86+ from www.memtest.org (at least
overnight w/o errors).

Good luck, Willem Riede.