updated kernel panics with dhcp

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Jul 23 03:45:13 UTC 2007

> So, it has managed to start eth0 twice, but there's no obvious pattern
> to the successes.
>
> The panic location was the same every time I remembered to check:
> __list_add+0x48/0x5c
>
> Thanks for the suggestions--I'm willing to try almost anything that
> would help diagnose the problem.
>
> Should I file a bug report?

What would help diagnose the problem is the call stack in the panic, the
list of symbols and offset/sizes like you gave for __list_add.  Maybe it
can give us a clue, but it certainly would be needed to make a
meaningful Bugzilla entry about a panic.

What can be useful if you can't face writing it all down is a digital
camera shot ;-)

-Andy