New Kernel breaks sound

Mark Eggers mdeggers at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 23 19:05:07 UTC 2007

Jorge Boscan wrote:
> turtlebeach!! great (and big) sound card thou.
> well to me was the opposite, my mcp51 based card didnt work well
> the built in mics, but with the update to 2.6.22 now is fine
>
> good luck..
>
> On 7/22/07, Mark Eggers <mdeggers at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I have two sound cards on my machine, an on board Intel and a Turtle
>> Beach Santa Cruz.
>>
>> There is now sound with the updated kernel, even though the default
>> sound card has been set correctly.
>>
>> I'll wade through the logs later.

 From dmesg:

cannot find the slot for index 0 (range 0-7), error: -16
Sound Fusion CS46xx: probe of 0000:02:0a.0 failed with error -12

Looks list probing for the card fails.  I'll boot into the previous
kernel, get the dmseg info, and then probably post a bug.

If anyone else has a clue, I would greatly appreciate it.

/mde/