updated kernel panics with dhcp

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Tue Jul 24 04:15:33 UTC 2007

Andy Green wrote:
> Yep you can give a vga=792 or some other magic number your video adapter
> likes to get 80x50.
> setfont alt-8x8
>
> to enter super squish-o-vision mode, ... and you should see the whole deal.

Oh, duh. I should've remembered that.

I used vga=773 to get 1024x768, and disabled setfont to prevent ifup
from changing back to the standard font:
# cd /bin
# mv setfont setfont.bin
# ln -s true setfont

I still can't get the /whole/ thing, but there's a lot more here:

http://www.martnet.com/~jes/temp/panic-070723-full.jpg (1.6M)

Turns out there are two full stack traces there, and this little ditty
in the middle:

list_add corruption. prev->next should be next (c1a0cb14), but was
00100100. (prev=f7618180).
kernel bug at lib/list_debug.c:33!
invalid opcode: 0000 [#2]
SMP