FC6 - 2.6.22-1-24 - kvm fails

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Jul 25 13:58:08 UTC 2007

After install of the kernel, I loaded the kvm-intel module and tried a
simple test, and was told that the version of qemu was too old. I tried
the one from kvm-28 which works with my kernel.org hand built kernels,
and that ran a bit and went out with a dump (and presumably OOPS, but
nothing written to files, and top of message scrolled away).

So two issues:
  1 - shouldn't the kernel rpm contain a working qemu version?
      (can't use kvm without it)
  2 - alternately shouldn't there be a qemu update?
  3 - using a version which is known to work with 2.6.22, why
      does the system crash?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>