Re: fstab

Ralph Alvy wrote:
Is it possible to change the way Kubuntu treats fstab? Here are my concerns:

1. I don't like that Kubuntu attempts to fsck every visible patition on
bootup. I only want it to fsck the root partition. I do not have separate
partitions for various aspects of this installation, like usr or home,
etc., but I find Kubuntu also wants to fsck my fat partitions, etc., on
bootup. I'd like to stop that.

2. I simply can't stand Kubuntu's rewriting of my fstab on bootup,
dynamically creating labelled entries. I want total control over fstab,
using traditional entries like /dev/hda1, /dev/hda2, etc., along with my
own hard-coded mount points.

Might I suggest a Kubuntu mailing list would be more useful ;)

Chris