Re: 3 different volume levels possible (pidgin, mplayer and the operating system itself)

Hey Thomasz,

Than you for the reply.
but can't the software that is shipped with Fedora 7  (dmix?) do this?
Fedora must be supplying functionality like this out of the box.

2007/7/25, Tomasz Torcz <tomek crocom com pl>:
Dnia 24-07-2007, Wt o godzinie 23:06 +0200, Mark napisaƂ(a):
> Hey,
>
> I'm attempting to have different sound levels for applications. so for
> example let mplayer blast the sound out at 100%, pidgin at 75% and the
> os itself also at 100%. I though dmix was the way to do this but i
> can't seem to find any good "How To's" on doing this.

  Install PulseAudio (server, module gconf, utils etc.) and use
PulseAudio Volume Control (pavucontrol). Configuration for selected
applications is described here: http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup

--
Tomasz Torcz