Kernel Panic with RAID

Hello All,

I have been using Fedora since FC2 with virtually no problems.
I just did a clean install of F7 from the live CD and have two issues that I have been unable to resolve.

I notice that my IDE HDD shows up as a SCSI drive (sda)
Also, when I try to boot from my Adaptec 1200A RAID controller, I get a kernel panic error.
However, while booting from the mainboard IDE controller it boots OK.
Any suggestions where I should be looking?

Paul