Re: scrambled panel & x-session loss: update

charles f. zeitler wrote:

well, my x session crashed again- i'm thinkin'
my video inteerface on my cheapo mb might be
goin' bad... i'm gonna start lookin for a
video card....

charles zeitler

If you review the /var/log/Xorg.0.log if you do not start X or the /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old file if you start another GUI session, thee might be helpful information in the logs which could aid a developer in figuring out and hopefully correcting the flaw with your Integrated video. I guess adding another graphics card would move you off of that version graphics driver, Hopefully the new card will work better for you.

Jim

--
Obviously I was either onto something, or on something.
             -- Larry Wall on the creation of Perl