scrambled panel & x-session loss: update

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jul 27 02:09:42 UTC 2007

charles f. zeitler wrote:

> well, my x session crashed again- i'm thinkin'
> my video inteerface on my cheapo mb might be
> goin' bad... i'm gonna start lookin for a
> video card....
>
> charles zeitler

If you review the /var/log/Xorg.0.log if you do not start X or the
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old file if you start another GUI session, thee
might be helpful information in the logs which could aid a developer in
figuring out and hopefully correcting the flaw with your Integrated
video. I guess adding another graphics card would move you off of that
version graphics driver, Hopefully the new card will work better for you.

Jim

--
Obviously I was either onto something, or on something.
              -- Larry Wall on the creation of Perl