F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 USB stick

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:49:02 UTC 2007

2007/7/27, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>:
> antonio montagnani wrote:

> >> Yes, I have the same problem, the memory stick still does not show up on
> >> my desktop.  Did I miss something, is there something else I need to do
> >> to get it working again?
> >>
> >> uname -a
> >> Linux box6 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 #1 SMP Mon Jul 23 17:33:07 EDT 2007 i686 i686
> >> i386 GNU/Linux
> >>
> >> lsusb
> >> Bus 005 Device 004: ID 154b:000f <<<  The flash memory stick
> >> Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> >> Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> >> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> >> Bus 002 Device 004: ID 046d:0870 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Express
> >> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> >> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c408 Logitech, Inc. Marble Mouse (4-button)
> >> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> >>
> >> Bob Goodwin
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > Bus 005 Device 004: ID 13fe:1a00
> > Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> > Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> > Bus 002 Device 002: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port
> > Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> > Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> > Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04b8:010b Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection 1240
> > Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> >
> > that's mine.
> > Bob, we didn't miss anything, someone else is missing to complete test
> > before issuing new kernels: I will not update my laptop, as I can't
> > risk to have no USB, no scanner, no Picture reading from my camera,
> > where there is not easy Internet connection on top of the mountains...
> >  :-(  !!!!
> >
> My computer treats the flash drive as /dev/sdc1 so I just added it to
> ftsab as such which allows me to mount it as /mnt/flash from the command
> line.  Not as nice as having an icon pop up but it works just as well
> and I generally deal with its contents from the command line anyway.
>
> The alternative is to continue to boot from the earlier [3228] kernel
> which I still have and that works as expected.
>
> Bob Goodwin
>
> --

and that didn't work with a scanner as user (only as root): once
again, I assume that the tester should at least have a scanner and an
USB stick and check them before issuing.
Otherwise three jumps ahead and two jumps back!!! and you don't know
what is going to be broken: updating means updating, not improving
some parts and killing others :-(
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag