Fedora 7 freezes two or three times per day

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Jul 27 20:20:59 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 21:34 +0200, Jorge Boscan wrote:
> HI
>
> well my laptop does freeze at boot, 1 to 4 times in a row, plus the reboot
> it reboots if i try to play quake4 or googleearth, yes it just
> reboots, I already tryed
> al versions of nvidia driver and it does the same thing
>
> btw: dont buy compaq laptops to run linux

That's a bad blanket statement to make.  I'm running FC6 on several HP
laptops very, very happily (one Turion and one Athlon64).  No problems.
Of course, I'm a nerd so debugging stuff kinda appeals to me.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-   To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.    -