Re: Fedora 7 and Intel

Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
I have installed Fedora 7 on my system with an AMD processor and it is running fine.But I recently installed Fedora 7 on my friend's computer with an Intel processor and the installation went on fine.But when I start the GUI it just shows me a terminal and a clock and a garbled screen.I tried changing the screen resolution using system-config-dislay in runlevel 3 but to no avail.What can I do so as to make the system usable?
This sounds like a X-windows issue rather than anything to do with the system processor. What video card does your friend have, and what does his /etc/X11/xorg.conf file look like?