Re: updatedb error

Peter Reed wrote:
I am receiving this error when I try to use the command updatedb:
updatedb: src/updatedb.c:721: scan_cwd: Assertion `name_size > 1' failed.
Aborted
however locate does seem to work although how old the database is unknown any help with this would be appreciated.

It seems that I am also having the same problem. I ran updatedb in verbose mode and the error comes with the same folder everytime. A listing of the folder gives strange output. Output from my terminal below.

 /sys/module/nousb/parameters
 updatedb: src/updatedb.c:721: scan_cwd: Assertion `name_size > 1' failed.
 Aborted
 [root marvin parameters]# file /sys/module/nousb/parameters
 /sys/module/nousb/parameters: directory
 [root marvin parameters]# cd /sys/module/nousb/parameters
 [root marvin parameters]# ls -l
 ls: cannot access : No such file or directory
 total 0
 -????????? ? ? ? ?                ?
 [root marvin parameters]#

I tried rpm -qf to determine which package creates the folder but it says that the file is not owned by the package.

Can you run updatedb -v and check if the result is similar/identical?

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218