Re: Problem creating root password MySQL in FC6

I tried your link to your webpage but getting "Server not found", your server is down?
Barry

Steve Searle wrote:
Around 05:26pm on Saturday, July 28, 2007 (UK time), Barry Yu scrawled:

As I said, this is the first time I started MySQL and never had any password under any user name, I was trying to create a password for user root after initial installation of MySQL as the book said, unless this is out of date and no required any more? Or I have to do something in addition (That book didn't mentioned it)

I do it a different way, as shown on my webpages here:
http://yellowhammer.stevesearle.com/tech/centos5.0.svr.html#mysql

Steve