eSATA question

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 29 09:39:49 UTC 2007

I see lots of new PC's with eSATA connectors but I can't seem to find
much detail on it.. I know its an external SATA port and so has the
speed of SATA but what I can't seem to find out, and maybe someone can
help me here, is whether or not its hot plug like USB..

I am looking for an easy way to backup quite a lot of data regularly to
an external hard drive.. If eSATA is hot pluggable then its will be
great to have the speed to do the backups quickly.. If its not then I
guess I am stuck with USB..