Re: scrambled panel & x-session loss: another update

charles f. zeitler wrote:

well my x just crashed again...  trying the increased memory shared
suggestion...

I'm totally stumped as to what is causing your problem. I can only give random guesses from this point. Not to say my last response was not mostly guesswork. I don't use the SIS integrated video much but memory share increase fixed one or two computers when X would crash.

Iy could b a bug in the sis driver, a program causing X to crash or a lot of other possibilities concerning your desktop.

Sorry I could not help find a solution.

You could try changing to the vesa driver.

What does lspci show as your video? (SIS, Intel ....)?

Jim

--
Remember that there is an outside world to see and enjoy.
		-- Hans Liepmann