Re: Killed /home installing Fedora 7 with Ubuntu

On 30/07/07, Frank Cox <theatre sasktel net> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 03:58:46 +0300
> Dotan Cohen <dotancohen gmail com> wrote:
>
> > That was a scary lesson that I learned tonight. I'm burning a backup
> > now, and I'll be learning rsync tonight...
>
> My personal backup solution is one of these:
>
> http://www.intel.com/design/servers/storage/ss4000-E/
>
> I have cron jobs set up that back up the data from all of my computers every
> night. It's the most painless backup solution that I'm aware of.

Thanks. A dedicated file server is not possible for us at the moment,
but I may devise a plan to backup the lappy to the desktop every time
it get home. I might as well backup the desktop to another disk within
itself, as well, while I'm at it. That's what cheap GB's are for, no?

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/