Can't find kernel-2.6.22.1-33.fc7

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 30 22:10:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 11:53 -0500, John Pierce wrote:
> On 7/30/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > People keep talking about kernel-2.6.22.1-33.fc7 but I can't find it.
> > The update process installed kernel-headers-2.6.22.1-33.fc7 but I am
> > left with kernel-2.6.22.1-27.fc7 as the latest kernel installed.
> >
> > What is going on?
>
> Both 586 and 686 kernel are in this update repository at Georgia Tech:
>
> ftp://ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/fedora.redhat/linux/updates/7/i386
>
> I did a yum update last Friday and it found it for me.  Maybe you
> should check the yum repo file for updates and make sure that it is
> enabled.
my fedora-updates.repo is enabled. I am getting updates all the time.
Are you sure you are not getting this kernel from one of the testing
repos.
As far as the  site above, you are right it has the 586 and the 686
kernels are there but not the i386 kernel. Which explains the problem.
Seems like a booboo in the repo.
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted
armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else
thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net