Network manager - does no one care?

  Hi all,
       I was surprised to see the lack of reaction to NetworkManager's
death in F7 2.6.22.1-33
   This affects my desktop and my laptop, both with wired dhcp
connections. I see the following error:

Jul 31 20:24:09 BillMurray NetworkManager: <info>  Error getting
killswitch power: org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.KillSwitch.NotSupported -
Access type not supported

  Moving to  2.6.22.1-27 fixes it. So does using a fixed IP and neat, no
networkmanager. So why is no one else screaming?
                   Bill