Display problem of fedora 7 on IBM A21p thinkpad

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jun 2 04:23:36 UTC 2007

frank wang wrote:
> I am a new user on the linux. Could you tell me how to select the vesa
> driver in fedora? I thought I have tried it in ubuntu 7.0.
>
> Thanks
>
> Frank

linux xdriver=vesa

This feature changed so that you can specify which driver you want to
use from the many available. If you know of a driver that worked for you
in the past, you could enter that driver instead of the vesa driver.

Note, your xorg.conf file will contain whatever you select.

Another possibility for failure for the video is the setting for video
memory is too low in BIOS. You might up the video memory for shared
memory to see if it does you any good.

Jim