Display problem of fedora 7 on IBM A21p thinkpad

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jun 2 07:08:52 UTC 2007

frank wang wrote:
> I have finally installed the fedora with live cd. However, after I
> select the vesa driver, my display is very small, about 8 inch. How
> can I fix this problem? My display is 15 inch.
>
> I really need experts help to fix this problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Frank

I used to own a Toshiba laptop which had some BIOS setting for stretch
mode that would put the display full screen.

You might be able to now run
system-config-display --reconfig
and maybe get a better video driver than the vesa driver which would
show you a better video representation on your monitor.

At least you have the installation now and can work out the bugs a bit
easier now.

Jim