Question about Mutt

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jun 2 13:56:21 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 11:21:37 +0200,
  Bart De Soete <Bart.De.Soete at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> At my workstation (FC 6) I use Mutt to read fast and easy my mails.
> It was pre-configured by IT-dept.
>
> However, at home I use a workstation running FC6 and a laptop running
> Ubuntu 7.04.
> I wish to install and configure Mutt to read and send emails from my
> @fedoraproject.org-emailadress which is redirected to my
> gmail-account. So actually: I need to configure it for Gmail.
> Can someone help me out here?
> The Mutt-manual looks not very easy. Also I can't find the .muttrc file?

The listing of dotfiles may be suppressed by the tool you are using.
>From the command line you can use ls -a. There is also a system wide
Muttrc file in /etc/Muttrc and you may only be using that and need to
create .muttrc .

You can use the change folder command to look at folders available via imap
(or pop, but you don't want that). I don't know if gmail provides access
to your folders via imap. The full folder specification is:
protocol://user@server:password/path
You want to use imaps as the protocol.

The is a manual for mutt in /usr/share/doc that is probably worth skimming
through and reading about interesting features in detail.