bcm43xx_mac80211: YOUR FIRMWARE IS TOO OLD.

alan alan at clueserver.org
Sat Jun 2 17:10:01 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Patrick wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 06:27 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
>> bcm43xx_mac80211: YOUR FIRMWARE IS TOO OLD. Firmware from binary drivers
>> older than version 4.x is unsupported. You must upgrade your firmware files
>>
>>  Anyone know where to find new firmware for 64-bit?
>
> Have you looked at http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/
> Alternatively you can get tha latest winxp 64bit drivers, extract the
> proper files and try those.

And here begins the problem...

Depending on your chipset revision, you may or may not be able to load the
4.x firmware.  I have a bcm4306 revision 2 that will not.  I have to use
the old driver.  (And getting it to work is a pain in the ass under F7.)

I need to test the current version to see if the PCI ids are still mangled
for that chipset.

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct