Tired of making coasters

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Sat Jun 2 17:32:41 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> David G. Miller wrote:

>> > IMHO, the whole idea of going through the effort to create a live image
>> > is so that people can try it without doing a full install.
>>

> Yes. So use the x86 Live CD. Is that a problem?
>
> Rahul
Yes, it's a problem in this case.  I would like to confirm that specific
functionality works with the Fedora 64-bit kernel.  As an example, my
laptop has a Broadcom 4306 wireless NIC that currently only works with
ndiswrapper when running with a 64-bit kernel.  It seems like 64-bit is
the poor step-child when it comes to things like wireless support,
memory card readers, etc.  Anything that doesn't work 64-bit but works
under 32-bit tends to get a response of, "Just run 32-bit."

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce