Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Paul Osunero esiex3 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 04:17:56 UTC 2007

But, one thing that has worked for me in the past was to do something along
the lines of....

1.  Download the DVD.
2.  Mount the DVD iso on a loop device.
3.  Go to the directory containing all the RPMs
4.  Run "rpm -Fvh *rpm".

There may be a few dependency issues to work around...and or some order
dependent stuff.  But it becomes fairly obvious.

The bad thing is that it installs EVERYTHING on the DVD, and some people may
not want that.

There's another trick you can try, and it worked for me for 5 to 6

Download this RPM:
ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/Fedora/fedora-release-7-3.noarch.rpm

and do a yum update