F7: unable to upgrade from FC6 (weird hdaX errors)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 3 18:10:15 UTC 2007

André Costa wrote:

> It didn't go too far: I was immediately presented with another error:
>
> "Error enabling swap partition device hda5: no such file or directory.
> The /etc/fstab on your upgrade partition does not reference a valid
> swap partition. Press ok to reboot your system".
>
> (notice again the 'hda5' instead of 'sda5'... could it be due to the
> fact that I don't have LABELs for hda5 and hda6?)

Yes. Due the libata changes from /dev/hd* to /dev/sd* everything
requires labels to upgrade smoothly. Fedora installer provide labels by
default but if you did any customization you might have to set it
manually. More information on how to do this is available in the release
notes at

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f7/en_US/sn-Installer.html#id3152635

Rahul