F7 looking [not so] good here.

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Jun 3 20:09:35 UTC 2007

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 01:10:33 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>Not really. The above two bugs are duplicates of something that yum does
>and if there is indeed a bug you should just file or reassign it against
>yum and not file different ones against individual graphical front end's.

Hey, the tool I ran that didn't work was pirut (and even discovering that
was difficult since I only get to it via a menu item labeled Add/Remove
Software), so that's what I report the bug on. I don't have the psychic
powers required to determine the bug is actually in some other component.

> Having said that it appears that you are using third party repositories
> and upgraded without their F7 equivalents being enabled.

I don't think so. I did no upgrading, I installed from scratch
on newly formatted empty partitions then I installed the
livna-release-7.rpm to get livna repos added to yum, but I didn't
disable any fedora repos, they are still in the state I got by
doing the install. The repos that are marked enabled are "fedora",
"updates" and "livna" (no devel or testing stuff).

To get my additional packages, I just searched for stuff to install,
clicked on the matches I wanted and then eventually clicked "Apply"
and wound up with all the missing bits.

With the same set of repos enabled, running yum install and mentioning
all the missing bits that package-cleanup found resulted in it downloading
and installing those missing items, so they must be available in the same
repos I'm already using.

Some of the missing parts are also located exclusively in the fedora
repos (like bogofilter and the libgsl it didn't download or claws-mail
and the two libraries it neglected to fetch for it).