F7 general question about livecd-creator and timezones

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Tue Jun 5 07:58:50 UTC 2007

My ks scripts have the timezone set to PDT (America/Los_Angeles).

Installation to a hard drive works as expected. PDT in startup and in
shells, etc.

Creating a livecd-creator iso with the same tz setting, then booting,
shows A/L_A in the /etc/sysconfig/clock file, as expected.

However the date is always EDT in the boot messages, shells, etc.

During startup I see :

(lvm)
Press I to enter interactive startup
Setting clock (utc) Mon Jun 4 00:12:59 EDT 2007
(udev)

I'm not clear on what is happening between lvm and udev in the Linux
startup sequence.

If someone could give me a hint about what to look for and where to look
for it I would appreciate the help.

---
John