SATA and Fedora 7

Styma, Robert E (Robert) stymar at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Jun 5 13:19:23 UTC 2007

> I've installed on SATA and its worked fine. No problems at all.

I have installed FC7 on a mixed SATA / PATA machine.  Some
boot volumes were on the SATA and some on the PATA.  This
is a test machine which is why it was multi boot.  Everything
worked well.  There were issues in determining which drive was
SDA and which was SDB and so on.  This could create issues
if you add an extra drive after the fact  This was discussed
at length in another thread.  The outcome of that thread was
to use labels on all the partitions and labels in the
/etc/fstab and /boot/grub/grub.conf files.
The /boot/grub/device.map can be more problematic.

Bob S.
Phoenix, Az