Switching Gnome to KDE in F7?

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:52:13 UTC 2007

Tim <ignored_mailbox <at> yahoo.com.au> writes:

> FC6 did the same.  If you made a named.conf file it was used by default,
> else it'd use the other configuration files.  I made my own named.conf
> file, for my own records, and "included" the other files that were
> needed.

I found the solution to this. When I was selecting the packages during the
install I was not careful in going through all the options for each package
group, and I had installed both bind and caching-nameserver.  These two packages
appear to conflict with each other.

It was necessary to yum remove caching-nameserver (or not install it in the
first place). Then when the system is running after install, I needed to yum
install system-config-bind, and run that. This sets up in initial set of files
for running "named", and includes named.conf which can then be edited to suit.
Once done then "service named start" works fine.

In addition dhcp was not installed by default (maybe I missed something when
doing the package selection!) so I need to yum install dhcp also.

Mike