cups - 403 forbidden

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 6 04:15:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 05:59:41 +0200
Roger Grosswiler <roger at gwch.net> wrote:

> *hmmmmm* have you occasionally selinux enabled on your client
> workstationn? perhaps, no change is allowed.

selinux was disabled when I first set this machine up (and the other one as
well).

> run su - in the shell
> and then run system-config-printers.
>
> are you then able to set the default printer? if yes, what are the

Interestingly enough, I did just that and it allowed me to set my default
printer back to the remote Samsung.  I just cranked up the cups interface again
and it says that the Samsung is now the default.

-rw-r----- 1 root lp 22291 2007-06-05 10:52 /etc/cups/cupsd.conf