F7 and X.org performances

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 17:09:59 UTC 2007

Tanguy Eric wrote:
> I'm using full updated F7 with nvidia proprietary from livan repo and
> desktop effects. When i launch yum sometimes the cpu load is almost 100%
> and mouse pointer hangs during 1 or 2 seconds whereas i have never
> experienced this with fc6.
> When i try to play with cube (opengl game) the FPS is very low (less
> than 10) whereas this game was playable without any problem in fc6.
> Anyone else experienced the same problems ?

Not the same but similar.
Every time I fetch messages using thunderbird the cpu utilisation jumps
to around 40%. 'top' told me this ustilisation was shared by xorg and
thunderbird-bin at a near 50-50 ratio. Same goes for firefox. It is
frustrating when your CPU scales to 1.6GHz from 800MHz just to fetch
some messages.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)