FC6 portable hard drive -

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Jun 6 19:23:40 UTC 2007

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:

> My daughter has a Samsung portable hard drive that she handed me to copy
> the F7-DVD-iso file to so that she can burn the DVD on her Mac.
>
> It plugs in to the usb port and I figured I would see it when I did
> lsusb, but no, it's not there.  So I have found yet another obstacle to
> installing F7!
>
> Should I expect Fedora Core 6 to find that drive when I plug it in?
> What do I do next?  Or is it just another gadget that won't work in Linux?
>
> Bob Goodwin

What do you mean by "it's not there"? If it is not there at all,
even by ID numbers, then I would check the USB connection. Even if
Linux does not support the device, it will still show up on lsusb if
it is properly connected. I am not sure what happens if the device
draws more power then is available at the port it plugs in to - but
I would still expect something listed there.

I would expect just about any USB storage device to work. The worst
I would expect is to have to manually mount it.

Mikkel