Yum repair

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jun 7 10:31:32 UTC 2007

I upgraded FC-6 to F-7 on an Athlon64 machine,
and the process hung several (3 I think) times during installation.
Each time I re-started the machine,
the number of packages was greatly reduced: 950 ... 400 ... 50.

The system works fine,
but it is pretty clear all the packages were not properly installed.
Eg when I ran "yum update" after the installation
only 30 or so packages were downloaded,
while on other systems the number was 300-400.

Is there any way of checking that everything has been downloaded?

Or is there even a command like "yum --force install"
to force a re-installation of a particular package?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366