FC6 --> F7: dead mouse

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Thu Jun 7 12:00:05 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have upgraded my FC6 system to Fedora 7 from DVD. When I log into
Gnome, things look OK, except that the mouse isn't working. The
pointer is displayed but there is no movement.

I am using a Logitech Navigator wireless keyboard/mouse combo
connected via PS/2 ports. The mouse  worked fine in FC6, as well as in
the DVD install program, so I think I can safely assume there are no
hardware issues.

FWIW: If I plug a USB mouse it is automatically recognized (dmesg) and
activated in a fullscreen terminal, but likewise doesn't function in
X/Gnome.

I am guessing the problem might be some previous setting in xorg.conf.
Any tips on how to proceed?

Thanks.

--
  Colin Brace