Do you use SELinux

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu Jun 7 20:52:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:13:45 +0800
"a bc" <visual00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> how many of you activate selinux in fedora here?

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Every security
technology on the planet has as a goal making your operating
computer indistinguishable from an unplugged, powered down
computer. I can simply unplug and power down if I want that :-).

> why does fedora 7 activate it as
> default?

Because, despite all huffy protests to the contrary from
the fedora masters who imagine they are independent from redhat,
fedora is, in fact, a beta for redhat, and redhat needs
selinux for their enterprise target :-)