Wifi problems (FC 6)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 9 07:28:45 UTC 2007

I need to run this box on a wireless connection, and am having some problems.

1 - I have a very poor signal, considering that the box is only around 3m
(10ft) from the router.  I changed the antenna on the router to one that says
it increases range by up to 50%, maximum 40m, but the strength received
hasn't altered.  I still get only 40% strength.

2 - I thought that wpa_supplicant cached the passphrase, but it doesn't seem
to.  I still have to give the passphrase after bootup completes.

3 - At bootup, ntpd tries to run before there is a connection.  I'd like to
get the connection up in time to use ntpd at boot.  What would I need to do?

Thanks

Anne