how can i remove unused but loaded kernel modules?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 16:27:53 UTC 2007

i will give that "compiling in the kernel" a shot when i really can`t figure
out how to remove those modules permanently.
the module loading stuff (and everything related to it) seems to take about
5 seconds.. i`ve already dropped the boot time from will over 45 seconds to
a tight 35 seconds.. without those useless modules it could be just some
more than 30 seconds.
than i`m also having a issue with udev.. it`s so SLOW but needed so i can`t
leave that out.