Unknown symbol video_devdata etc....please help

Parth Pathak parthpathak at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 17:12:17 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Is my message getting through???
Can someone please help with the problem I described below??

thanks in advance,

pp
Hi all,

I am working on distro - FC6 and kernel 2.6.20-1.2952.fc6.

while making my Logitech Quickcam express run, I compiled qc-usb-0.6.5. while loading the compiled module quickcam.ko I get following error saying Unknown symbol in module.

my dmesg says something like this -

quickcam: Unknown symbol video_devdata
quickcam: Unknown symbol video_unregister_device
quickcam: Unknown symbol video_register_device

I search on internet regarding this error and found many different things but not a specific thing I should do. I think some other module is preloaded and it is conflicting with the new one I am trying to load. Please help me with this
 problem.

thanks

pp

 Looking for earth-friendly autos?
 Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Yahoo! Autos' Green Center.  --
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list at redhat.com

Need Mail bonding?