F7 DVD problem -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 10 09:34:25 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 18:55 -0400, Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:
> I am presently copying the files to a portable USB drive that the
> installer on the rescue CD seems to recognize.  That is my great hope
> now!  But the portable drive is very slow and I'm waiting for it to
> finish.

An alternative, if you have the space, is to keep a partition aside on
your hard drive for the ISO file, boot from the rescue disc, tell it to
install from the hard drive, aiming at the partition with the ISO file.
That's how I installed FC7 just a day or two ago.

--
(This box runs FC7, my others still run FC4, FC5, & FC6 in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.