I know the answer re: Theater 550 -- now what?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Jun 10 15:00:01 UTC 2007

Hi;

I unfortunately have an ATI TV Wonder 550 TV tuner card with a Theater
550 chipset.  There is no driver for this card and, in fact, it is not
even listed in the hwdata file.  I submitted bugzilla request 221205 in
January and have received no notice that anything is happening.  I have
just googled and found a few current non-Fedora mailing list discussions
about this non-existent driver.  The prognosis isn't good.

It seems the fault lies with ATI/ADM.  I have emailed ATI/ADM and been
told by them that the "card is sold as is".

I really don't want to buy another card because the ATI TV Wonder was a
Christmas present and works well in WindowsXP.  Which isn't a major
point because I spend about 90% of my time in Linux now adays.

Any suggestions?  Would bugging bugzilla help?  Contacting ATI/ADM
again?  Does anyone know anything definitive about this card or its
driver? Or, should I give up and just buy another card?

--
Regards Bill